drifters bring me downnn

in other rad sports (surfing, skating, etc) people give each other shout outs and hype each other up via social media channels. One surfer might share, “whoa, check out Shane Dorian in the biggest barrel ever??” or “check out this dude land the first 720* air mental!”, trying to hype each other up, create a real community, Slater tries to get other surfers fans and claims it in the descriptions of his posts like, “I wonder how many followers Mark Healey @DonkeyShow will get from this tag” and stuff. Drifters only post stuff like “vote for me to win this contest so I can claim to be the worlds most favorite drifter,” “go vote for my car in this contest, I designed it myself how cool am I,” “look how much smoke I blow”.

Im trying to change this and be different. Lets face it, Im not the only drifter you follow, probably am not even your favorite driver. Who cares. Lets make drifting sick. Right now the driver I am most hyped on is Ryan Tuerck. He was on a super gnarly serious team, got back into an s13 working his ass off all season, finished well (1-2 podiums, 6th overall? I dont even know. It doesnt matter, he beat me, that fucker!), and helped create a rad web show “Tuercked” (go to youtube its radical) and it looks real fun. He is making drifting fun. KDF BRO. BROO.

Anyways, so starting now, I am going to start sharing more stuff and doing “features” of cars, drivers, whatever in hopefully a new way that is cool to you guys and makes me happy doing it. Since I just got back from New Zealand for the Drift Shifters event I am going to post up something on Hugo and the BROthers from C’s garage. Who knows, I might even “give” drift party to the internet as a sort of community site for cool driver dudes around the world to share their lives/cars on. A real drift party? Whatever

17 Responses to “drifters bring me downnn”

1. james maier says:

This is an awesome idea. I love it keep drifting fun!!

2. Ryan Sag says:

Good stuff!

3. Jeremy "LowBro" says:

Right on man, I’m sick of people like that. And tired of seeing it/getting FB messages asking to be voted for or some shitfuck like that. Focus on what your doing not whatever one else is or what they think.

4. This gets me very excited. Just hearing about drift shifters before it happened I was pumped. If you can bring that stateside with Mike that would be so cool. Good luck to you this year and you should put a 4rotor in your 14.

• admin says:

im down to do it stateside… but id rather go overseas lol. probably gonna pass on the 4 rotor tip but thanks for the idea haha

5. hilo says:

you’re my favourite drifter matt powers

i met you once and i tell people about it all the time

and theyre all like

“shut up about matt powers we get it”

and im like

“yeah he seemed like a good guy”

6. Man, what you just said is so on point. It’s even worse here where i live, instead of giving your friends a “yeeeaaahhh!” or any type of encouragement, you’re slammed with “meh” & pure jealously. It’s not like it was when i skated at all, it’s more like we’re all in competition with each other.

7. Oh, & you sure can’t do to your car what you want without getting snubbed by other people telling you what a dumbass you are. No love here at all.

8. Jeff Abbott says:

My main man! Ryan did do it right this year. You’re always my bro and I will always support you.

9. Piotr Pruski says:

“Lets face it, Im not the only drifter you follow, probably am not even your favorite driver.”. You’re not the only drifter I follow, but YOU ARE MY FAVORITE DRIVER/DRIFTER. Damn I love your cars(Zenki S14′s <3), your point of view and what you are doing. This blog(?) is something I've been looking for. Cheers mate, I want your life :D .
    My friend works in printing house bla bla bla and I have the second one of your car photos from here http://www.garrettwadephoto.com/#wallpapers in my room on wall! Damn these two photos are perfect, exactly like your car.
    And I think you're smart enough to not put rotor engine in your car rotor=problems, v8=no problems. Ofc it's your decision. Here in Poland it's popular to swap 2JZ (engine used in Supra and other cars) or RB25DET/RB26 from Skyline, they are realy good engines but sometimes they fail (but they are far more reliable than SR20DETT (stock engine in S14 in Europe)). Also we have some LS engines in cars and I think these guys don't have problems with them. There is one sick s14 with supercharged LS! If you have few seconds check it SCREAMING on video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBE13w4N4RE :p. My dream is Rocket Bunny s14 :)

I have only one question for you, do you read these comments sometimes? :p

• admin says:

haha, i just started reading them. i got so used to always closing comments that i never checked. been meaning to respond to these for a while just not on the computer much. thanks for the support.